Body and Dental Support Supplements – Dentist Recommendations
“Get Healthy – Stay Healthy”
We are pleased to introduce our new nutritional formula, Bio-Ultra Pac, that has been designed to provide four of the most basic supplements that all of our bodies’ require for proper growth and development. It is an all-natural combination of minerals, vitamins, digestive enzymes, Omega-3 essential fatty acids, and amino acids that will help promote a healthy disposition and will continue to improve the balancing of our body’s chemical composition. Bio-Ultra is recommended to be taken twice daily with meals for best results. Conveniently packaged for our patients and available for purchase at our St. Louis dental practice.
1. VITAMINS: There are 13 different known vitamins, each with its own special role to play. Without them, key body processes would halt. Vitamins and enzymes work together, acting as catalysts that speed up the making or breaking of chemical bonds that join molecules together. They are necessary for human bodily functions, including energy production.
2. MINERALS: At least 18 minerals are important in human nutrition. Along with vitamins, they function as components of body enzymes. Our bodies need minerals for proper composition of bones and blood and for maintenance of normal cellular function.
According to Dr. Richard Anderson, ND, “Electrolyte (mineral) deficiency is the first step in heart disease, cancer, AIDS, and most of the other chronic and degenerative diseases. It is also the first and most important thing to correct. Though the body can compensate for electrolyte deficiencies it pays the price, “Don’t be without a full reserve of electrolytes – ever!”
3. ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS: Also known as healthy essential oils, or EFA’s. They are essential because our body’s cannot produce these on their own; therefore, they must come from the foods that we eat. Essential fatty acids are important to our health because they produce compound structures called prostaglandins which help to regulate the following:
- inflammation, pain, and swelling
- blood pressure
- heart function
- gastrointestinal function and secretion
- kidney function and fluid balance
- blood clotting and platelet aggregation
- allergic response
- nerve transmission
- steroid production and hormone synthesis
Unfortunately, mass commercial refinement of fats, oil products, and the foods containing them has effectively eliminated fatty acids from our food chain. Americans are up to 90% deficient in the essential fatty acids. This means we are obtaining only 10% of what we need for optimal health.
Over 2000 scientific studies have demonstrated the wide range of problems associated with Omega-3 deficiencies. Symptoms include dyslexia, depression, weight gain, heart disease, allergies, arthritis, memory problems, cancer, eczema, inflammatory diseases and diabetes.
4. DIGESTIVE ENZYMES: The process of digestion is dependent upon several dozen digestive enzymes that are produced by the body at different sites along the digestive tract: in the mouth, stomach, and small intestine. These enzymes break down the foods we consume into particles small enough to pass through the intestinal wall and be absorbed by the cells. It is within the cells that the molecules of food are concerted into usable energy.
Of all the digestive enzymes, pancreatic enzymes are among the most critical for the absorption of food and maintenance of good health. These enzymes are capable of breaking down all types of food: carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
If digestive-enzyme production is diminished, none of the food that we eat can be properly absorbed and assimilated by the body. This concept is often a surprise to many Americans, who assume that if they eat a lot of food, they’ll be well nourished and health. However, a full plate doesn’t always translate into a healthy body and vital life, particularly if the body in unable to properly use the food we eat due to a lack of adequate digestive enzymes.
5. PROBIOTICS: A dietary supplement for those who wish to support their intestinal microflora with meaningful amounts of beneficial microorganisms. The composition of the intestinal tract is dynamic and constantly changing. If harmful microorganisms proliferate, the equilibrium is disturbed. Probiotics provide the opportunity to maintain a healthy population of “friendly” bacteria for your nutritional health and well-being.
6. AMINO ACIDS: These are the chemical units or “building blocks” that make up proteins. The human body, minus the water, is 75% amino acids. They are found in every tissue of the body and play a major role in nearly every chemical process that affects physical and mental function. As a result, amino acids have more diverse functions than other nutrient groups. They contribute to the formation of proteins, muscles, neurotransmitters, enzymes, antibodies and receptors and are involved in basic cellular energy production.
7. ANTIOXIDANTS: These are nutrients that protect against health-threatening “free radicals.” Antioxidants neutralize “free radicals” before they can attack healthy cells and cause damage. Free radicals are atoms or groups of atoms with an odd (unpaired) number of electrons and can be formed when oxygen interacts with certain molecules. Once formed these highly reactive radicals can start a chain reaction, like dominoes. Their chief danger comes from the damage they can do when they react with important cellular components such as DNA, or the cell membrane. Cells may function poorly or die if this occurs. To prevent free radical damage, the body relies on its defense system of antioxidants.
8. CO-Q10: A naturally-occuring compound found in every cell in the body. CoQ10’s alternate name, ubiquinone, comes from the word ubiquitous, which means “found everywhere.” CoQ10 plays a key role in producing energy in the mitochondria of a cell responsible for the production of energy in the form of ATP. This ATP serves as the cell’s major energy source and drives a number of biological processes including muscle contraction and the production of protein. CoQ10 also works as an antioxidant.
“Detoxification, Cleansing and Elimination”
During the last 80-100 years, we have slowly witness the unfortunate erosion of our environment around us, mainly due to the accumulation of toxic elements and other chemical agents that we all have been exposed to during the course of our lives. Chronic illnesses and degenerative diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, osteoporosis, cancer, etc., are continuing to increase at an alarming rate. Is there anything we can do to help protect ourselves and our families from being a part of this epidemic trend?
Bio-D-C-El Pac and Bio-Fiber were specifically developed to help strengthen the gastro intestinal tract, repair its biological components, neutralize or transform substances that would normally be poisonous or harmful and eliminate these toxic elements from our bodies.
Vitamin C Powder
“Heals and Repairs Gum Tissues”
Vitamin C powder (as Sodium Ascorbate) is a powerful anti-oxidant that can heal and repair damaged periodontal tissues. Place 1 tsp. of powder into your water pik bowl (fill the bowl about 1/2 full with water), direct the water stream around the neck of each tooth. This will allow the Vitamin C to penetrate underneath the tissue and provide a healing remedy for your gums. You will soon notice the acute gum inflammation and tissue sensitivity reduce as this therapy is performed on a regular basis. This should be done once /day until the Vitamin C powder is gone.
“Detoxification – A Crucial Element in Staying Healthy”
Heavy metal detoxification product which helps to remove mercury from the body.
For more information on Supplements , please contact Michael G. Rehme, DDS, CCN, at 314-997-2550.